Our Adult Sunday School comprises a discussion of the day’s readings from the Revised Common Lectionary.
When: 9:00 am Sundays
This group is on hiatus for July. Happy summer!
Adult Bible Study is looking at Embracing a Life of Meaning: Kathleen Norris on Discovering What Matters. This DVD series will feature an opening presentation and discussion questions; each week focuses on one of the following topics.
- Belief Matters: Why does belief matter? To what do we give our hearts? What is the core message of what we believe—creeds or commitment? To what extent is to believe also “to belove”?
- The Bible Matters: The Bible is our collective story. How is that story reflected in our daily lives? What is it about the Bible that always seems to address our present moment?
- Community Matters: In community, individualism and imperfection meet grace and acceptance. What is our part in the Body of Christ?
- Place Matters: In what ways is faith set within the physical space of home, church, land and people?
- We Matter: What it means to remain in God’s image and to counter our selfishness by embracing the world and its needs?
Kathleen Norris is a poet and the author of such memoirs of faith as Dakota, The Cloister Walk, and Amazing Grace: A Vocabulary of Faith.
When: 3:30 pm Wednesdays